Voltarol Back and Muscle Pain Relief (diclofenac) 1.16 % Gel 50g
Voltarol Back and Muscle Pain Relief 1.16% Gel contains the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) diclofenac. It is formulated for a local effect at the source of the problem, relieving pain and reducing inflammation and swelling in joints and muscles.
It should be used to treat:
- Tendonitis (e.g. tennis elbow)
How to use Voltarol Gel
- Squeeze out a small amount and apply to the affected area, by rubbing it into the skin slowly three to four times daily
- Leave at least a 4 hour gap between applications. Do not apply more than 4 times in any 24 hour period.
- Do not apply to cuts, open wounds or any other area where the skin is abnormal
- After application, do not cover with bandages or sticking plaster
- Unless you are using the gel on your hands, always wash your hands after use
Not recommended for children under 14 years.
Do not use for longer than 7 days unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
Possible side effects:
Common (may affect between 1 and 10 in every 100 people): Skin rash, itching, reddening or smarting of the skin
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
Active Ingredients: diclofenac diethylammonium (1.16%) equivalent to 1g of diclofenac sodium in each 100 g of gel.
Other Ingredients: carbomers, cetomacrogol, cocoyl caprylocaprate, diethylamine, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, liquid paraffin, perfume (contains benzyl benzoate), purified water
Do not take more than the recommended dose.
For external use only.
Using other medicine containing diclofenac or painkillers known as NSAIDs (e.g. aspirin or ibuprofen) along with this product may increase risk of having side effects.
Do not use this product:
if you are allergic reaction to diclofenac or other medicines used to treat pain, fever or inflammation, such as aspirin (acetylsalicyclic acid) or ibuprofen any of the ingredients
if you are in the last 3 months of your pregnancy
to skin that has a rash, eczema or cuts or open wounds
on large areas of skin and over a prolonged period of time, unless under medical advice
when sunbathing or using sun lamps as your skin may be more sensitive to sunlight
Let your doctor or pharmacist know if you:
have a stomach or duodenal ulcer (or a history of)
have ever had asthma
are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Free Delivery on all orders over £35.00
- Orders below £35.00 are at charged at just £3.99
- Delivery is within 2-3 days via Royal Mail 1st Class post.
Express Delivery (UK Mainland)
- Next Day Delivery will cost £5.99
- Cut off for Next Day is 2pm (Mon-Fri)
- Orders placed after 2pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the next working day.