Thyroid disorders are one of the most prevalent medical conditions in the world, particularly for women, with an increasing number of people suffering from an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
Symptoms of hypothyroidism
- Feeling cold, tired and lethargic
- Constipation, weight gain, dry skin and brittle hair
- Becoming forgetful and sometimes depressed
- Women may also experience menstrual irregularities
Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), which is secreted by the pituitary gland, regulates and controls the activity of the thyroid gland. A higher than normal TSH level in your blood indicates an underactive thyroid is likely.
The SELFCheck Thyroid Health Test is a rapid immunodiagnostic self test kit for the detection of increased TSH levels (hypothyroidism), from a finger prick blood sample, giving a result in just 10 minutes.
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
The test kit contains;
- 1 test device, 1 plastic pipette and 1 desiccant pouch
- 1 small bottle containing 1ml of diluent
- 2 sterile lancets to obtain a blood sample
- 1 instruction leaflet
You will also require a watch or clock with a second hand or a timer, and a clean tissue.
The lancets provided with the SELFCheck Thyroid Health Test are single use. A spare lancet is provided, although should not be required if the instructions are followed as written.
- Free Delivery on all orders over £35.00
- Orders below £35.00 are at charged at just £3.99
- Delivery is within 2-3 days via Royal Mail 1st Class post.
Express Delivery (UK Mainland)
- Next Day Delivery will cost £5.99
- Cut off for Next Day is 2pm (Mon-Fri)
- Orders placed after 2pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the next working day.