Opticrom Allergy 2% Eye Drops 10ml
WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE If you are allergic to any of the ingredients / Have signs of an allergic reaction which include: A rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat, tongue and worsening of redness, itching or swelling of the eye or eyelid / Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before using this medicine if you wear soft contact lenses. You should not wear contact lenses while using these drops / Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medication / If you are pregnant, breast feeding, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine / You may have blurred eyesight straight after using this medicine. If this happens, DO NOT DRIVE or use any tools or machines until you can see clearly / THIS MEDICINE CONTAINS BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE which may cause your eyes to become irritated and may change the colour of your contact lenses. Avoid contact with soft contact lenses. Remove contact lenses prior to application and wait at least 15 minutes before reinsertion / Always read the patient information leaflet
What is Opticrom
Opticrom is used to help prevent and relieve eye allergies such as hayfever and conjunctivitis. It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your eyes that can lead to an allergic reaction. Signs of an allergic reaction include itchy, watery, red or inflamed eyes and puffy eyelids.
Allergies can happen at any time of the year due to different pollens dependent upon the season.
How to use this medicine
One or two drops in each eye four times a day (or as directed by your doctor)
If your symptoms worsen or do not improve talk to a doctor or pharmacist
- Wash your hands
- Before using this medication for the first time, be sure that the tamper-proof seal on the bottle is unbroken. A gap between the bottle and the cap is normal for an unopened bottle
- Remove the cap of the bottle
- Tilt your head back
- Squeeze one or two drops inside the lower lid without touching your eye
- Close your eye
- Wipe away any excess liquid from the eyes with a clean tissue
- Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it
- Repeat in the other eye if needed
If you use the medicine more than the recommended dose or continuously for more than three months contact your doctor
If you forget to use this medicine than use your drops as soon as you remember. However if its nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not use a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose
You should keep using these drops if you are still around the things that you are allergic to. If you stop using this medicine you allergy symptoms may come back
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
Active substance: Sodium cromoglicate. Each 1ml of eye drops contains 20mg of sodium cromoglicate (2.0% w/v). One drop contains 0.7mg of sodium cromoglicate
Other ingredients: Disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride and water for injections
What the medicine looks like and the contents of the pack: This medicine is a clear colourless to pale yellow solution supplied in a 10ml plastic dropper bottle with a tamper proof cap
Delivery and Returns
Postage and Packaging
Postage and packing will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on
- The total cost of the items you order
- The delivery option you choose
- Items may be dispatched separately (P&P only charged once)
- Delivery times are estimated. Notify us if your delivery does not arrive within 10 days.
- Standard postage and packing on all orders up to £35 - £3.99
- FREE standard postage and packaging on all orders over £35 (Includes the cost payable for any prescriptions in the same order)
- Orders are sent by Royal Mail 1st Class post.
- Your delivery may require a signature.
- Orders are dispatched within 1 working day and are normally delivered to your chosen address within 3 working days.
- Next Day Delivery will cost £5.99 and will only be offered if all items in your basket are available for Next Day delivery.
- Orders placed before 2pm Mon-Fri will be delivered the Next Day,
- Orders placed after 2pm Mon-Fri will be delivered the following working day.
- Please note Next Day Delivery is only available to mainland UK.
Delivery with your next prescription
- Receive your item in your next prescription delivery or collection from one our stores across the West Midlands.
- To be eligible for this service you must be signed up to our repeat prescription collection or delivery service with a branch, if you wish to sign up to this service click here
- We will send your item to the branch and inform you when it is ready for collection or due to be delivered out with your prescription.
You may also like
Becodefence Allergy Defence 140 dose Nasal Spray
Fast and effective allergy defence working FIVE times faster than hay fever tablets
Allergy Relief Cetirizine 10mg 6 Month Pack of Tablets
Cover yourself for the whole summer with our hayfever bundle
Clarityn (Loratadine) 10mg Tablets Pack of 30
Provides 24-hour allergy relief from hay fever, other airborne allergies and allergic skin conditions