Used to treat fungal and bacterial infections of the mouth and throat. The gel contains miconazole which works by destroying the fungus and associated bacteria which may be present.
This medicine is for use in adults, children and infants aged 4 months and older.
How to use Daktarin Oral Gel
For topical treatment of the oropharynx.
Infants: 4 – 24 months
1.25 ml (1⁄4 measuring spoon of gel), applied four times a day after meals. Each dose should be divided into smaller portions and the gel should be applied to the affected area(s) with a clean finger. The gel should not be applied to the back of the throat due to possible choking. The gel should not be swallowed immediately, but kept in the mouth as long as possible.
Adults and children 2 years of age and older
2.5ml (1⁄2 measuring spoon of gel), applied four times a day after meals. The gel should not be swallowed immediately, but kept in the mouth as long as possible. The treatment should be continued for at least a week after the symptoms have disappeared.
For oral candidosis
Dental prostheses should be removed at night and brushed with the gel.
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
White gel with an orange taste containing 20mg miconazole per gram.
Avoid if known hypersensitivity to the active substance(s), other imidazole derivatives or to any of the excipients. Infants less than 4 months of age or in those whose swallowing reflex is not yet sufficiently developed. Liver dysfunction. DAKTARIN Sugar Free 2% Oral Gel should not be given concurrently with astemizole, cisapride, dofetilide, mizolastine, pimozide, quinidine, sertindole, terfenadine, ergot alkaloids, triazolam, oral midazolam, warfarin or HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors such as simvastatin and lovastatin.
- Free Delivery on all orders over £35.00
- Orders below £35.00 are at charged at just £3.99
- Delivery is within 2-3 days via Royal Mail 1st Class post.
Same Day Delivery
- Receive your order on the same day, hand delivered by one of our delivery drivers.
- A single charge of £5.99 per order
- Available Monday to Friday - Cut off for same day delivery require orders to be placed before 3pm
Click and Collect
- Order your product for same day collection at the branch closest to you FREE OF CHARGE
- This service is currently in the process of being rolled out across all branches, however, during this time certain branches may not appear on the drop down menu.
You may also like
Comprehensive nutritional support, specifically formulated for womenâ€™s hair.