Daktarin (Miconazole) 2% w/w Powder 20g
Daktarin Powder effectively treats fungal and bacterial infections by destroying the fungus and any associated bacteria in areas such as:
- Outer ear
- Trunk or groin
It can also be used to treat nappy rash. As well as fighting the infection the powder helps to keep the area dry, preventing further fungal growth.
How to use Daktarin Powder
Adults and children of all ages
Apply the powder to the infected skin twice a day.
- Wash and dry the infected area.
- Sprinkle the powder onto the affected area, and surrounding skin. The powder may be used on broken skin, especially when a drying effect is need. You can, also, dust the powder inside socks, shoes, and clothing that will be in contact with the affected skin.
- After applying the powder, wash your hands.
- Do not use more often than the recommended dose.
To prevent the infection from coming back continue treatment for 10 days after all the symptoms have cleared. If using daktarin cream alongside, you can apply each once daily.
How to avoid spreading the infection
- Avoid sharing towels with others, and use a separate towel on affected areas, for example, the feet.
- Wash your hands before and after touching the affected area, to avoid spreading it to other areas.
- Wash and change clothing, such as socks that come in contact with the infected area frequently.
Possible side effects
Common side effects that may be experienced include
- Application site burning, warmth or itchiness
- Skin inflammation or discoloration.
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
Active ingredient: Miconazole nitrate
Other ingredients: Talc, zinc oxide and colloidal anhydrous silica
Delivery and Returns
Postage and Packaging
Postage and packing will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on
- The total cost of the items you order
- The delivery option you choose
- Items may be dispatched separately (P&P only charged once)
- Delivery times are estimated. Notify us if your delivery does not arrive within 10 days.
- Standard postage and packing on all orders up to £35 - £3.99
- FREE standard postage and packaging on all orders over £35 (Includes the cost payable for any prescriptions in the same order)
- Orders are sent by Royal Mail 1st Class post.
- Your delivery may require a signature.
- Orders are dispatched within 1 working day and are normally delivered to your chosen address within 3 working days.
- Next Day Delivery will cost £5.99 and will only be offered if all items in your basket are available for Next Day delivery.
- Orders placed before 2pm Mon-Fri will be delivered the Next Day,
- Orders placed after 2pm Mon-Fri will be delivered the following working day.
- Please note Next Day Delivery is only available to mainland UK.
Delivery with your next prescription
- Receive your item in your next prescription delivery or collection from one our stores across the West Midlands.
- To be eligible for this service you must be signed up to our repeat prescription collection or delivery service with a branch, if you wish to sign up to this service click here
- We will send your item to the branch and inform you when it is ready for collection or due to be delivered out with your prescription.
You may also like
Bazuka gel is a topical treatment for warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
Bazuka Treatment gel is a topical treatment for warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
Scholl Freeze removes warts and verrucaâ€™s with as little as one treatment, by freezing and killing the infected cells