Small blood vessels in the anus can become wide and engorged with more blood than usual and along with over laying tissue can form swellings better known as piles inside or around the anus. Piles are self-limiting and heal on their own within a few days, with most people not even realising they have them.
For those that have symptoms, they can be quite painful and there is treatment to relieve this discomfort.
Browns Pharmacy helpful tips on dealing with piles
- wipe with damp toilet paper
- keep the anal area clean and dry
- warm bath to ease itching and pain
- take paracetamol for the pain
- to ease discomfort use icepack wrapped in a towel
- gently push back a pile inside
Browns Pharmacy helpful tips on avoiding piles
These can also speed up recovery from piles.
- High fibre diet: brown rice, whole bread, whole wheat pasta and do forth
- Eat lots of fruits, vegetables and salads
- Drink plenty of water
- Minimise salty, fatty and sugary food e.g. fast-food, crisps and cakes
- Cut back on alcohol, tea and coffee
- Going as soon as you feel the urge and avoiding straining. Lean forwards from the hip.
- Trying to do regular exercise
With our haemorrhoids treatment, select any one of our three Anusol treatment options:
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
- Free Delivery on all orders over £35.00
- Orders below £35.00 are at charged at just £3.99
- Delivery is within 2-3 days via Royal Mail 1st Class post.
Express Delivery (UK Mainland)
- Next Day Delivery will cost £5.99
- Cut off for Next Day is 2pm (Mon-Fri)
- Orders placed after 2pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the next working day.
You may also like
Natural spray used to relieve cold and sinus symptoms and other infections