Bazuka Extra Strength (salicylic acid) 26% w/w Gel 5g
WARNING: Do not take more than the recommended dose. The product is volatile and highly flammable. Do not use it near flames or ignition source (e.g. burning cigarettes or anything else that might ignite it). Do not apply to broken skin, cuts and grazes. Do not inhale the vapours of the gel. Do not use Bazuka Extra Strength Gel: if you are allergic to salicylic acid or any of the other ingredients anywhere on or near your face, armpits, breasts, bottom or genital area on birthmarks, moles, warts with hairs growing from them, or any other spots. if you are diabetic or suffer from poor blood circulation to your hands or feet
Warts and verrucas are caused by a type of virus resulting in small excessive growths of skin
- Warts appear often on fingers, or the back of the hands. They can be identified by the rough “cauliflower-like” appearance of the surface.
- Verrucas are often only found on the sole of the foot. They can be painful and appear as a small white ring of skin with a black dot in the centre.
The virus is very infectious and the warts and verrucas are likely to spread, particularly if left untreated. It can also be transferred from one person to another.
Corns and calluses have hard, thick pads of skin and are more likely to appear on the feet but can also occur on the hands. They tend to be caused by pressure and friction such as poorly fitting shoes.
What the product does or its intended use Bazuka Extra Strength gel has a higher strength of the active ingredient salicylic acid than conventional gels. This effectively treats warts, verruca, corns and calluses by softening the skin. Once softened, the skin can be removed by pumice stone or emery board.
How to use Bazuka Extra Strength Gel
Before using first time:
- Hold the tube upright and unscrew the combined white and yellow nozzle
- Remove the red cap and keep tube upright for 30 seconds
- Without squeezing or over-gripping, in the upright position:
- Replace white and yellow nozzle
- Tighten it to pierce the top of the tube
- Loosen briefly to release any pressure and retighten
To use the Gel
- Soak the affected area for 2-3 minutes in warm water
- Dry gently using a towel
- Remove protective yellow cap
- Carefully apply a thin layer (1-2 drops)
- Avoid getting onto the surrounding skin
5. Leave gel to dry and form a small white patch. Replace yellow cap on tube.
6. After a full day, peel/pick the patch carefully off the skin
- Apply gel
- If you can’t remove the patch, reapply on top of it
7. Once a week, before reapplying, gently rub the affected area with an emery board provided, or a pumice stone
Some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear. If they don’t talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not share your towel, emery board or pumice stone as the infection may spread to others.
If the gel gets on unaffected skin wipe it off immediately.
This product can be used during pregnancy and while breast-feeding
Possible side effects:
- You may feel a slight tingling sensation and/or some mild tenderness at the treated area. This is usually temporary.
- Rare cases it may appear as a temporary blemish on the skin
If you have any further questions about this product call our Browns Online Professional Pharmacist on 02476 364 586
Active Ingredients: salicylic acid 26.0% w/w
Other Ingredients: camphor, povidone, pyroxylin, ethanol, acetone and isopropyl alcohol
Delivery and Returns
Postage and Packaging
Postage and packing will be added to the cost of your order and will depend on
- The total cost of the items you order
- The delivery option you choose
- Items may be dispatched separately (P&P only charged once)
- Delivery times are estimated. Notify us if your delivery does not arrive within 10 days.
- Standard postage and packing on all orders up to £35 - £3.99
- FREE standard postage and packaging on all orders over £35 (Includes the cost payable for any prescriptions in the same order)
- Orders are sent by Royal Mail 1st Class post.
- Your delivery may require a signature.
- Orders are dispatched within 1 working day and are normally delivered to your chosen address within 3 working days.
- Next Day Delivery will cost £5.99 and will only be offered if all items in your basket are available for Next Day delivery.
- Orders placed before 2pm Mon-Fri will be delivered the Next Day,
- Orders placed after 2pm Mon-Fri will be delivered the following working day.
- Please note Next Day Delivery is only available to mainland UK.
Delivery with your next prescription
- Receive your item in your next prescription delivery or collection from one our stores across the West Midlands.
- To be eligible for this service you must be signed up to our repeat prescription collection or delivery service with a branch, if you wish to sign up to this service click here
- We will send your item to the branch and inform you when it is ready for collection or due to be delivered out with your prescription.
You may also like
Bazuka Treatment gel is a topical treatment for warts, verrucas, corns and calluses.
Scholl Freeze removes warts and verrucaâ€™s with as little as one treatment, by freezing and killing the infected cells